Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And we're back...

We're still here! The computer has been back to the geniuses at the Apple store several times over the last two weeks. Good news - the new hard drive is installed, (almost) all the old stuff is transferred over, and the cracked keyboard panel has been replaced. Bad news? The backup hard drive is now fried, the iphoto library file corrupted and the new keyboard is stiff and hard to type on. Whatever.

Ok - here's what you came for.

New Words: no (sigh), flowers, chicken, coffee, zebra, elephant, little, big, circles, backpack ("pack pack"), tomorrow, flowers, thank you, please, ok, bird, glasses, bubbles, "Mommy coffee?", "Baby Animals!", "I lub you" (melt).

New Favorite Things: Backpack (purse has taken a back seat for the moment), Little Golden Book of Baby Animals, sweeping with her broom (I swear I'm not turning her into a house servant - she's inherently neat and is practicing for Montessori starting in a few weeks.)

What we've been up to since the last post:

Rocking Sunglasses


Issuing Poolside Ultimatums


Laundry - Better Than TV


Drafting Thoughtful Compositions on Current Events (Or Drawing Circles)

Opening our First Piece of Mail - Thanks Samuel, Jacob and Hannah!

Creating Some Art

Gardening With Bubbie

Being Completely Awesome

8 comments:

  1. She is a DOLL!!!!! WE LOVE HER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift you girls are for each other! Such a blessing. Can't wait for her to join us for a ladies lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am just melting. I am Lisa, Kelly's friend- and I cannot wait to meet you girls! Congratulations on this lovely journey! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I lub you"
    Ellie needs to know that she never ceases to bring me to a state of mushy tears...
    Love,
    Auntie Shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post cracked me up as I reread it a thousand times! I LOVE IT! And she is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it just keeps getting better! I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last picture and the one of her watching the laundry. Doesn't having a kiddo make you look at the world in a whole new way? You appreciate things you never did before or had forgotten to appreciate since you were a little girl. She's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to reunited with this rockstar of a little girl!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete