Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Four Years and One Day

Ellie has a large and colorful collection of "Chucks" for school - Converse tennis shoes with laces. No velcro, no elastic laces, real old-fashioned laces. Which means I tie shoes a LOT. A few months ago while tying Ellie's shoes, I told her that she needed to watch how I did it and practice, because when she turned 4 she would have to learn how to tie her own shoes to get ready for kindergarten. She showed little to no interest in learning the "bunny ears" tying method, so after a few tries, I told her she'd have to start trying again after her birthday.

On Saturday - one day into her 4th year - I asked her as she was getting dressed if she wanted me to come tie her shoes once she put them on. She said "No - I did it." I went to her room expecting to see a mess of knots and found this:



Now if only my little genius could learn her colors we'll be all set.

2 comments:

  1. Of course her shoes are perfectly tied!!! Love it! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ellie! You're such a big girl now!

    ReplyDelete